Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Ever since your last firmware update port forwarding doesn't work anymore as soon as I leave my local network and close the app or port forwarding information disappears. Please fix it and please test your firmware updates before you release them so you stop breaking the system all the time
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Finally the new app has been released and remote storage is working again a month later after they broke it updating the firmware for the flood light

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

This is for direct storage access?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Yes
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same problem, plus many more....
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Still not fixed after all this time when will you people stop breaking the system
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
If these idiots don't fix this trash before Black Friday, I'm changing to Eufy. They have stellar product AND app reviews, local storage, they say it's a one time cost won't hurt your wallet purchase, anti theft alarms on their cameras, image enhancement technology, etc. I've spent too much time on this junk recently to change now. Black Friday is my deadline......
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
👍👍👍
chinamanuk
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem, subscription runs out and want to use direct access. Seet up port forwarding and if close app then it stop. Re assign new port and forward that then it works again, please fix this 

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I have been in contact with tech support let's see what they can do about fixing this problem
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Finally the new app has been released and remote storage is working again a month later after they broke it updating the firmware for the flood light
chinamanuk
Guide
Guide

Thanks johnny290, yes it is working now. Hope they don't break it next update 😉

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:

Are you sure that this was down to the update?

Access to remote storage started working for me some time last week, perhaps before. I wasn't keeping track.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
They clearly told me it was a problem can get would be fixed by the end of the month
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:
They clearly told me it was a problem can get would be fixed by the end of the month

Like I said, it got fixed here a while back.

Who knows where the "problem" was? Arlo didn't say.

As well as the apps, it could have been on the Arlo cloud servers or in the firmware for the cameras and/or hubs. They get fixed in the background  without any of us knowing what is going on.

Just another user
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
It could have been a lot of things who knows. It doesn't change the fact that it's fixed it also doesn't change the fact that they constantly break things over and over again. They're very irresponsible
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
And they clearly told me it was a problem and it would be fixed by the end of the month. As soon as the new Android app was released just on Saturday that's when I started working. For myself and many others it has been broken since they updated the firmware to release the floodlight camera. It is not the first time they have released updates irresponsible firmware updates untested and broken the system and they act like they don't even care
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation