Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Port forwarding question

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
My local storage has been working perfectly up until today. Now when I go into devices it says it's disabled so I enable it. Then I have to refresh my ports then I setup port forwarding everything is good everything's working. Until I closed the Arlo program and then I open the program again and now it says it's disabled and it deletes my ports I've tried it like five six times the same thing happens every time. This is the first time I've seen this and the first time I've ever had this problem anybody else having this problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
When I got home from work I unplug the base station for a couple of minutes and the problem seems to have now been resolved

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
When I got home from work I unplug the base station for a couple of minutes and the problem seems to have now been resolved
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Well I'm going to have to take that back cuz it seems. It's only working on Wi-Fi when I turn the Wi-Fi off and go over Verizon's Network all the port forwarding information in the Arlo app disappears don't know what that's all about
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Local storage only working on my local network not working when I'm away from home I don't know what happened something with the latest app I think
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
Local storage only working on my local network not working when I'm away from home I don't know what happened something with the latest app I think

First thing to check is the port forwarding rule in the router.  Make sure the base station is using the same IP address.

If it isn't, then reserve it's IP address in your router.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Thanks i have it like that.seems to be something with the recent app
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
Thanks i have it like that.seems to be something with the recent app

Did you try restarting the mobile device?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Yes it works fine at home as soon as I turn the Wi-Fi off I go back in the app and it says it's disabled and all the port forwarding information is gone. I turn my Wi-Fi on at home on the phone and everything comes back.works fine again
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Ever since the latest app update before that I had zero problems
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
Yes it works fine at home as soon as I turn the Wi-Fi off I go back in the app and it says it's disabled and all the port forwarding information is gone. I turn my Wi-Fi on at home on the phone and everything comes back.works fine again

I assume you are turning the phone wifi on and off?

If so, the phone should be connecting using the port forwarding through the mobile data connection.  It's odd that the port forwarding info in the phone disappears when the phone wifi is turned off.

Obviously check your phone data connection.  Assuming that's working as usual, you might need help from support.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
That is correct as soon as I turn the Wi-Fi off all the port forwarding information on the Arlo app disappears completely blank
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
The other unusual thing about the latest app it used to run fine in the background on my phone. Now I have to restart the app every time cuz it does not stay loaded in the background anymore
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Another thing I can set up all this port forwarding information while I'm not on Wi-Fi And over the Verizon network. Everything will work fine except when I close the app and reopen the app it all disappears all the port fowarding information
dididj
Star
Star

Same problem with the recent app.

With other brand it's easier thanks UpNp implementation.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
👍👍👍
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm having the same exact issue. I reserved the IP address too. I can turn WiFi off after setting it up and it's fine, but it disappears after shutting down the app and reopening it. The cycle then continues.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Correct right after this stupid firmware update to get that stupid flood light working. Once again they broke the system they did the same thing when they release the doorbell
Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation