Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor Cable Housing Wire Gap, this can't be weatherproof?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dreday
Initiate
Initiate

Hi I'm an Arlo Pro 2 user who originally was put off by the Ultra when it first debuted, but I think it's improved and Arlo is adding the things I want so I took the plunge today and purchased the 4-camera Arlo Ultra kit.  I also purchased qty 2x of the Arlo outdoor charging cables (25ft).  When I opened the outdoor cables the first thing that caught my eye was that where the cable inserts into the charging housing there were massive gaps.  For an indoor cable I would assume this could be OK, but not for an outdoor cable.  The standard indoor cable that came with the kit doesn't have the problem.  I took pictures to compare of the two as you can see down below.  A bit harder to see in pictures but very obvious with the naked eye.  BOTH of my outdoor cables looked like this.  Is this can't be good for an outdoor cable?  I obviously do not want to fry my new expensive Arlo Ultra purchase, but more worried about screwing up my electrical.  Given the issues with the old Arlo Pro 2 outdoor cables that were recalled at one point have to say I'm frustrated and wondering if I should just return everything to Best Buy.

Arlo Ultra Outdoor Charging Cable.png

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The end your showing is the output and not high voltage ( ac ) but a 5V (?) out...if that shorts it should not effect your home electrical.

If it were me , i might be concerned, but then I might also just use white tub caulking to fill same.

Do what feels right to you... but good to post for others

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dreday,

The outdoor cable is designed to be weather resistant If you experience any issues with your outdoor cable, please feel free to reach to me directly via private message or contact the Arlo Support team to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation