Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One Defective camera, shop requires all cameras and base station to be returned

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Henrik_B
Initiate
Initiate

I bought a Arlo Ultra 3 Camera kit, as I understood that this product would cover my needs, with 3 cameras and a base station. I therefore bought the product and installed it around my house. I experienced some problems with coverage and 90 feet is way overstated. I don't live in a metallic house and it should therefore not influence the coverage from the cameras to the base station. The furthers I achived for my cameras, was approximately 30-40 feet from the base station. This could just cover my house, unless I wanted to have the base station located in my living room (but it is no that pretty....).

Because of my issues with coverage and setup, it took me a few days to realize that one of my cameras, would not record, because it didn't get any motion detections. After some interchange and other tests, I realized that ONE camrea was defect. I then handed this camera back to the shop, and expected to receive a new camera as replacement. Instead they wanted to see if it could be repaired and this could take up to 21 days. After 15 days I was contacted, with the message that I has to returtn ALL my cameras and Base Station, because Arlo wanted to test the total product.

This is very poor service - I can now take down all the cameras and base station, and return it top the shop, instead of giving me a new camera, that I can add to the base station. It is unnecessary work and inconveinience.

I will return my Arlo product, get my money back AND NEVER BUY AN ARLO PRODUCT AGAIN...

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Henrik_B,

If you return the product to the original place of purchase, you would need to adhere to that return policy. Have you contacted the Arlo Support Team about this issue? If you make a warranty claim, you should be able to exchange only the camera that has the issue. I recommend reaching out to the support team to investigate the issue further. You can find options to contact support here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Henrik_B
Initiate
Initiate

JamesC

I understand that I must follow the return policy of the orignal place of purchase. Their claim is that "Arlo has requested that they return the FULL product, as Arlo wishes to evaluate the FULL product for problems". This however leaves me with the hazzle of taking down my installed cameras, and return these, wait weeks for a replacement, and having to install everything one more time. This is a lot of hazzle, because ARLO has a policy also!!!

I purchased my Arlo product from a local vendor (ElGiganten in Denmark) and not from Arlo, so I fail to see how the Arlo Support Team can help me, unless they wish to fly to house and install the cameras.....

Henrik_B

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation