Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Smclause1
Tutor
Tutor
I am not receiving push notifications to my iPhone 8 when motion activates cameras. I do receive push notifications when my modes are switched via geofencing, but not when something causes the cameras to record. Yes, my options on the app are set to notify me via push notification. Yes, my iphone 8 is set up to allow all notifications with arlo. I did uninstall and reinstall the app. My do not disturb is off as well. Why is this such an issue and if there is no resolution, I will simply be returning as I am luckily within the return window still.
7 REPLIES 7
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

There are sooooooo many threads about this. It was an issue with the Pro cameras and still with the Ultra cameras. I don't know why Arlo can't figure this one out.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Smclause1,

I tested this and did not have any issues receiving push notifications.

Have push notifications ever worked for you?

If you create a new custom mode, with new rules including push notification alerts on motion detection, do you still not receive the notifications?

JamesC

Smclause1
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the reply.

Push notifications worked briefly when I first put them up, but I haven't gotten any since.
I do have a custom mode set to include push notifications on motion. I have deactivated the custom mode and reset it and that has not corrected the issue. Push notifications is set as green(active).

I do receive notification when my geofencing sets and/or disarm my system, but still not receiving them when an event activates the cameras. Hopefully this is being worked on and fixed soon.
steve1102
Star
Star

I'm in the same boat. I was receiving push notifications regularly until yesterday.  Now I'll get one notification and when I check the 'library' I have 2 or 3 videos for which I was never notified of.  I have all cameras set to send me push notifications and my phone is set to receive notifications from Arlo as well. I also have an iPhone 8.  I don't know what is going on.  System is useless if it doesn't notify you of activity.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

steve1102,

How often is this happening? Are you still receiving push notifications regularly? At the time you missed notifications, did your mobile device have a data connection?

JamesC

steve1102
Star
Star
It’s happening randomly. I decided to also turn on email notifications and now push notifications are coming through. This is so strange! I’m going to keep monitoring this to see if they continue coming regularly. I’m not crazy about getting double notifications, but rather have that than no alerts at all!
steve1102
Star
Star
Forgot to mention that I’m currently at home with a 1G internet speed connection when I was t receiving the push notifications. So I don’t think it’s a connection issue.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation