Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving any motion notifications or recordings

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
El_Lobo_Malo
Tutor
Tutor

Since the December update I do not receive any motion notifications, motion activated recording never occurs, lost my free yearly smart subscription, and wasted approximately $600.00 on this, now useless, security system.

8 REPLIES 8
Alhnl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased this Arlo before I took my trip over the holidays on Nov 27,2019.  Installed a week later and it was working fine.  I installed the 2 4K cameras and they worked so well that I purchased 3 of the new Arlo Pro3 cameras.  I was amazed at the quality of the video and what the camera has been able to capture.  All 5 cameras were working well.  Then all of a sudden mid December, motion detection stopped working for the 4K cameras, the 2K cameras work inconsistently.  I purchased the cameras to specifically allow me to monitor the perimeter of my house which I was not able to do so while on holiday.  If anything, my holiday was ruined because of my frustration over the cameras not working consistently and me worrying about the house.  I am sure Arlo has protected themselves legally from any damages by us clicking on some sort of Terms and Agreement clause should anything happen due to the product not working as intended.

So, my question is, when is the next update to correct all the issues that everyone has discussed?

Here is the firmware info on my cameras:

Ultra -1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 (quantity 2)

New PRO3 -1.060.10.12_358_e212922 (quantity 3)

Base unit VMB5000r5 -1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 (quantity 1)

According to the HW info, there are no firmware updates available.

I and many others have already invested over $1000..

Can we all please get an update on the next steps to address everyone's concern?  If it is posted somewhere already, please direct me to the link.

We all want the product to work because when it does work, it is amazing!!!  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

El_Lobo_Malo,

When you say you lost your subscription, did it expire? Without a subscription recordings will not be saved to the library for Ultra.

Alhnl,

Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode? 

JamesC

El_Lobo_Malo
Tutor
Tutor
No, it didn't expire. i purchased the cameras back in August 2019.
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have to agree with you on the whole subscription issue.  While I truly do love the Ultra cameras, when I purchased them back in November 2019, there was a notice right on the box of getting one year free or Arlo Premier service and while I am not getting charged for it at this point, it took some weird doing on Arlo customer service to get it to this point. I had to pay for one month and have them refund me the month and now I still get a notification every month that my service is about to expire.  My renewal date still shows Dec. 15th of 2019 and hasn't moved even thought Dec. 15th has already passed almost a month ago.  For a product that costs over a thousand dollars, Arlo really screwed up with the way they are handling this one year free service.  This should not be that difficult for them to do.  Just go in and adjust the next billing date a year from when the system was originally registered in the system.  It took me 4 phone calls to get this somewhat fixed and I still had to pay for a month only to get it refunded.  This really feels like dealing with a new start up company and not someone who should have this dialed in like nobody else..

Alhnl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using a custom mode.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alhnl,

Do you experience the same behavior when using the default "armed" mode?

JamesC

El_Lobo_Malo
Tutor
Tutor

Since the firmware update in December my entire system is useless. I have tried to disarm, delete camera, added camera, deleted and added base station, and still no recordings. I also noted that the free 1st yr of smart recording or whatever the offer was is no longer on my account. I've been paying since December for nothing. The only thing that triggers my cameras to record is sound recording, that's it. I'd like a refund for the entire package that I purchased at this point, but Best Buy won't take it back.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@El_Lobo_Malo wrote:

The only thing that triggers my cameras to record is sound recording, that's it. 

This is all your cameras?  What happens with the motion detection test?

You likely should contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation