Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not able to connect new VMC5040 camera to base station (VWB4000)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
oddnott
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my base station up and running without any problems for 5-6 months with two Pro cameras. I decided to add a new Pro 3 camera. I followed the instructions on the app w/o success.
Have tried to press the sync button on the base and camera and the green right light on the base and the blue on the camera started flashing. First slowly then after approx 7-9 sec they both start flashing rapidly. After a while, they both extinguish, but the camera is not visible in the app. I have tried to reset the base, I have tried another router, I have reset the base and added the two old cameras, but the base does not find the Pro 3 camera. Any tips?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base firmware has to support the Pro 3. Check the Firmware Release Notes section here for the latest details for your base firmware.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oddnott,

What is the model number on the camera you are trying to sync? You can find this on the sticker behind the battery (Model: VMC****)

JamesC

oddnott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera model nbr is: VWC5040 and was purchased only a week ago

oddnott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Guru.

The only release note I can find says only: 

Release Details: Arlo Base Station VMB4000 - 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a Highlights: Improvements to system reliability  

There are no firmware updates available for my system when I check device info in the app

Pro 3 camera that will not connect is a VMC5040. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oddnott,

VMC5040 is an Ultra camera, not a Pro 3 camera. VMC5040 cameras only sync to the VMB5000 SmartHub and cannot be synced to the VMB4000.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation