Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra Camera not being found by base station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jefferies
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have taken a good look at other questions, and feel I still need to as.

Brand new Arlo Ultra. Base station set up and working, finding it on Laptop and Android. But when I try to link any of the 3 new cameras with it (I have also now charged them overnight just in case). Blue lights flash on camera and base station, but always fails to find. Camera is sitting by the base station. All I can think is it is a faulty base station and needs to be returned. I have reset the camera, and reset the base station. I have use the sync button both on the base station and camera multiple times. Always the same result. NO Camera Detected.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, I'd swap at the store.

Be sure to try using the app to sync the cameras before attempting the sync button approach.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jefferies,

Are there any other WiFi devices nearby? It could be due to a source of interference that is keeping the sync from successfully completing.

JamesC

Jefferies
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, there is. Interesting. I will give this a try. Thank you. I did actually return the whole base and cameras, and the store was excellent in exchanging, but the exactly the same thing occurred with the new setup, base flashing blue and camera flashing blue, but no connection. Will try the above when I'm home from work.

Question, does the flow of data go from Router/Modem to the Base station, then base station to the camera? This is my understanding.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jefferies,

The cameras do not communicate directly with your router. The cameras sync directly to the SmartHub and the SmartHub communicates with your home network through the wired connection to the router.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation