Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No more Pro 2 motion detection with Ultra smart hub

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
brookside
Tutor
Tutor

Just added pro 3's to my Ultra smart hub, and re-synched a pro 2 to it as well. Now, my Pro 2 no longer has motion activation. Its activated in the camera settings, and worked fine on the old base station, but no longer works with new hub. Also, I have 5 cameras on the hub ( one ultra, three P3's, and one P2) , and the recording is pretty unreliable now. I get occasional green half screens, gray full screens, and frozen recordings on each camera.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You must add the cameras to your custom modes - only the Armed mode will automatically get new camera rules.

It sounds like you have a signal strength issue for the videos. Try bringing a problem camera closer to the hub to see if the issue remains.

brookside
Tutor
Tutor

I've got full wifi bars on 2 of the cameras that intermittently freeze, or gray out. What do you mean "custom" mode?
All my cameras are synced to the smart hub, but only the Pro 2 will not motion activate.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Custom modes are those created by you for specific purposes - read the FAQs here in the support area about this and many other topics.

Since you seem to be using the default Armed mode (Mode tab, click on your hub and check/edit the Armed mode), I would remove the Pro 2 cameras and resync them. The Armed mode automatically get rules that will create recordings.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation