Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No manual record option on iPhone. Able to manually record via my.arlo.com

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Legends92
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just purchased the Arlo Ultra and successfully connected it to VMB4000v3. 

I am able to manually record via my.arlo.com on my Mac.

I do NOT see the record button on my iPhone. I am running the latest version of the App. My other Arlo Pro 2 cameras do have the option to record via the iPhone and my.arlo.com.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Legends92,

4k live streams cannot be manually recorded. If you have Local 4K Live Streaming enabled within your camera settings, your live streams will be in 4K when your mobile device is connected to the same network as your Arlo system. To manually record live streams while on the same network, turn off local 4K Live Streaming in your camera settings.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Legends92,

4k live streams cannot be manually recorded. If you have Local 4K Live Streaming enabled within your camera settings, your live streams will be in 4K when your mobile device is connected to the same network as your Arlo system. To manually record live streams while on the same network, turn off local 4K Live Streaming in your camera settings.

JamesC

enigmaphoenix
Star
Star

James,

That seems like an ok workaround in the very short term.  But that's definitely not a real world workable solution.  When will this be addressed?

Thanks,

E

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation