Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant

No Video in App Library for Ultra with Arlo Smart Premier 1 year trial.
I’ve updated the Arlo App.
Updated IOS software.
Deleted App and reloaded.
Deleted all cameras and Base station, and reloaded.
I do get motion notifications.
I can see all motion videos and thumbnails logging online with home computer. Just not App.
I do have an SD card, but since we have a one year Smart Premier trial subscription, we’re using it.
Fyi - no thumbnails with SD card, but videos are there.
Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@drm90247 wrote:
I also have an SD card. However, when I review it, there is motion videos in library, but, no thumbnails. Is this correct? My older system has thumbnails

Yes that is correct, It shows the download icon for each recording via app not the picture preview like you would see in cloud. A draw back to local storage. If you view the SD on a PC you can see the preview. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you deleted the system and reinstalled, it's my understanding that the trial disappears. Have you checked your subscription status to verify that you still have the trial? If it's gone, use the Contact Support link at the bottom to have them help.

drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant
Subscription status intact and current, expires Aug 2021
4 cameras participating
drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also have an SD card. However, when I review it, there is motion videos in library, but, no thumbnails. Is this correct? My older system has thumbnails
drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant
FYI- this is the fourth system I have installed, but the only one I am having problems with. Could it be a bad Base Station. Purchased directly from Arlo (online order)
dcfox1
Master
Master

@drm90247 wrote:

Yes that is correct, It shows the download icon for each recording via app not the picture preview like you would see in cloud. A draw back to local storage. If you view the SD on a PC you can see the preview. 

drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the clarification 👍
drm90247
Aspirant
Aspirant
UpDate:
I logged in with a different phone, and everything worked as normal. Which, now leads me to believe that it’s an issue with the iPhone 11 and the Arlo App. With Arlo support on the phone, we tried to delete the app and reinstall. Interestingly, I didn’t have to login, the reloaded app kept all information, and I didn’t have to re-login. So, new mystery..., still do not have any videos in library. Could it be the phone? The App? Or some setting?
Stay tooned... 🙇🏻‍♂️Ugh!👎
demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ive never got the thumb nail on local storage, just assumed it was an intentional "feature" that alro always seem to come up with to cripple owners of their products from not buying into their subscription. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation