Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Push notifications on Samsung S10, working fine on iOS

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
eddywm
Follower
Follower

I am not receiving push notifications on Samsung S10 (working fine on iOS), I uninstalled and installed several times following community threads, but still is not working, any idea how to resolve?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

eddywm,

If your iOS device is receiving notifications, your Arlo account settings are correct. Check your Android devices notification settings and make sure the Arlo app has permissions enabled.

JamesC

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

If you are using an Android, this has been a issue since the first update to Oreo and now with Pie there are two doze modes and that is where the problem is, when it goes into the deep doze mode.  I have been researching this for about three months now including fights with Samsung whose only fix is factory reset, factory reset, send it to a shop.  The only fix that has really worked is to hook to your computer which needs to be set up for adb commands and run the command to disable doze.  Except if you turn your phone off, you have to do it again.  Some have taken to just using airplane mode at night instead of turning it off.   The Android people believe that apps should be tested for this issue and have a site on how it should be done.  https://developer.android.com/training/monitoring-device-state/doze-standby  I have no idea if those who do the Arlo android app have done this or not.  My wifes iphone is instant and never misses a notification but then apple has complete control and has to take care of issues.  I should have listened to her and switched to iphone, now I'm stuck with a s10+

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I'm having the same issue. Sometimes I get notifications for my Ultra cameras, sometimes I don't. Sometimes they are immediate, sometimes they are 20 minutes later. It's really frustrating. With my Pro2 cameras (hooked to my new Ultra base station), I always get the notifications, but they are usually delayed, which has been an issue for tons of people, judging by the many threads in this forum about it.

colin1892
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m having the same issue but on an iphone, some notifications come through some don’t, everything worked ok with my other set up before i swapped to the new basestation, probably gonna sent the ultra back for a refund.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Now that's the first time I've heard of an iphone issue.  Even the AT&T people I know who switched because the iphone wouldn't take a SD card for more storage complained because their iphone never missed one and their new note nines were sporatic.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation