Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Questions for a newbie.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
chrisfitz
Follower
Follower

Hello all, first post (so be kind)

A friend gave me his old Arlo (generation 1) 3 camera system, so I started to look into the whole eco system as I wanted to add security, but just never pulled the trigger. 

Reading more about the Pro, Pro 2, and Ultra I have a few questions to help me make the right decision.

i was thinking of either adding the three cameras to either a Pro 2 or Ultra system. In reading the specs, is it true that 4K of Ultra is streaming, when my phone is on the same network, but will record 4K to the SD card if set up that way? I assume then the stream of the Ultra would be similar to that of the Pro 2 when I am at work, or just away from the house in general, correct assumption?

I am tempted by the Ultra for future proofing as much as possible, but with the Amazon sale going on right now, it’s hard to not pay attention to the price difference. 

Thanks for for any advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

chrisfitz,

Yes, Ultra will stream in 4K when your streaming device is connected to the same network. Yes, it will record 4K locally to the SD card.

When you're remote the stream will be 1080p.

Take a look at this FAQ to see some of the new features of the Ultra camera: What is new in the Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

chrisfitz,

Yes, Ultra will stream in 4K when your streaming device is connected to the same network. Yes, it will record 4K locally to the SD card.

When you're remote the stream will be 1080p.

Take a look at this FAQ to see some of the new features of the Ultra camera: What is new in the Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation