Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
KW76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have Arlo Ultra - four cameras set up. However I am not able to activate recording. I am not able to select the record video option - it stays selected on "Do Nothing". I have also tried to click on Upgrade Now. However it takes me to the subscription page on my account which simply states "No Arlo Smart Plan Yet" and does not provide any option to subscribe. I also understood that I should have a 1 year plan which is automatic with my purchase of the cameras. Please kindly advise how to activate recording on cloud. Thank you. 

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KW76,

What country is the system located in? To be eligible for the included free 1 year plan, the system needs to be set up in the same country in which it was purchased.

Additionally, subscription plans are not available in all countries. Take a look here for more information: Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

JamesC

KW76
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you James. I did buy in another country. How can I purchase a plan please? UK? It is not providing me with such option.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KW76,

What country are you in? If you don't see an option to subscribe, it sounds like the country your system is in does not support subscription plans.

JamesC

KW76
Aspirant
Aspirant
In Saudi Arabia. A friend has arlo pro 2 version and is able to record with 7 day package.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KW76,

Arlo Pro 2 does not require a subscription to save recordings to the cloud for 7 days. 

Arlo Ultra requires a subscription plan for cloud recordings.

Subscription plans are not available in Saudi Arabia. This is why you're unable to see any options to subscribe.

JamesC

KW76
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you James.

Any idea if subscriptions will become available in the near future?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KW76,

I don't have any information on subscription availability outside the article I linked in my previous post. As subscriptions become available in other regions, that article will be updated to reflect those changes.

JamesC

PPP-001
Guide
Guide

I just wonder why we have to paid over 900 Us for 4 cam without cloud recording or even able to access to local storage via APP.I accept that the quality of 4k recording is good however,comparing to the "other arlo" cam why "ARLO ULTRA" user who is not in the list country have NO chance to get at least 7 days of cloud recording like the other.I believe that most of user who are outside those list are willing to pay for the subscription for cloud recording.Smiley Frustrated

VL123
Guide
Guide
So, in this case, will the recordings be saved in the local storage in 4k quality? Also, i presume i can remotely access these recording(though I understand only in 1080p). Also will it stream 4k video live?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VL123,

Recordings can be stored in 1080p or 4K locally (this can be selected using a toggle within the local storage settings). Local recordings cannot be accessed remotely at this time. The development team is working on an enhancement to allow this that should be available in Q4.

You can stream 4K when your streaming device is on the same network as your Ultra camera system.

JamesC

HEV
Initiate
Initiate

Hi JamesC:

I bought the Arlo Ultra in the USA for set up in Grenada.  The picture quality, sound etc are great!  I am disappointed, however, that after such a huge investment (given the US$/EC$exchange rate):

(1) I am unable to get the promised 1-year Smart Premier subscription becasue of my location (Caribbean).

(2) The new basic subscription (No subscription) does not allow for any cloud storage.

I would be grateful if Arlo could reconsider this and at least grant a few days rollover cloud storage which will allow users like myself, who are not located in the listed countries, to enjoy the promised benefits of this very expensive camers system.

Yours truly.

kelvinsmj
Tutor
Tutor
Exactly same thought. Didn't realised that it has no 7 day rolling recording (not 4k) when I bought it. Very disappointed.
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation