Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night vision constantly turning off and on

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Uribees
Star
Star

Night vision constantly turns off and on for one of my cameras. It happens several times a minute. Each time it turns off and on there is a loud clicking noise which is getting very annoying. I have inserted a video below in which you can see the infrared light go off and on several times. I've tried turning off night vision manually in the camera settings but it always turns itself right back on.  It has been doing this since I bought it on release day. 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Uribees,

Is this intermittent behavior or does this happen all the time? If you log in using the web client and toggle of the night vision, doe you still experience the same behavior with it automatically turning back on?

JamesC

Uribees
Star
Star
Hi @JamesC. It does not seem to happen all the time. Maybe a few times a week for about an hour at a time. When I go on to the web interface the night vision toggle is greyed out and it does not let me turn it off. Please see attached image
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Uribees,

Try removing and resyncing the camera. After the resync, test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Uribees
Star
Star
@JamesC I tried your advice and it is still having the same issues as my previous post.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Uribees,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation