Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Damiraga1
Aspirant
Aspirant
My night vision is not working. I have tried to remove the camera and pair it again. I also have removed the battery and put it back in. Still not working. Arlo is not very helpful.
7 REPLIES 7
trinatron
Apprentice
Apprentice

Judging by the photo your night vision is working.

Arlo's night vision will do the job but it's not the best on the market. Also be aware that if the camera is close to other objects which causes the IR LEDs to reflect back into the camera lens it will cause a degradation of the night vision image.

Damiraga1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah I don’t think it’s working. Here two screenshots one when it was working and one now when it’s not working.
Damiraga1
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is the one when it was working.
trinatron
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ah ok you mean the spotlight for the colour night vision. You can manually turn on the spotlight (torch icon) in live view via the phone app. To have it automatically turn on when motion is detected, you need to make sure Colour and Spotlight is enabled under Low Light Settings for the camera in the app
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They look very similar to me other than the glare caused by the spotlight on the nearby board. BTW, the very first image you posted was illuminated by the IR LEDs, not the spotlight.

I would rotate the camera to the right to get rid of that board which is causing issues with the auto-exposure. You'll find that your videos will look better with that gone. I haven't tried it but setting the camera for a smaller field of view may also help.

Damiraga1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will rotate the camera and see what happens. But I have not moved the camera at all and yet the two images are way different. It looked normal and then all of a sudden with out me doing anything it started being very dark. But I will try to move the camera.
Damiraga1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Rotating the camera did the trick. Still not the best but it’s better.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation