Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New app can't discover devices. Help!!!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Brook-Spencer
Tutor
Tutor

Tried logging into Arlo wifi network but don't know password.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brook-Spencer wrote:

Tried logging into Arlo wifi network but don't know password.

You don't need to log into that network (and in fact you can't).  That network is closed - and only used by the cameras.  The base station is connected with ethernet to your routers, and you access https://my.arlo.com (or the apps) on your normal network when you are home.

Brook-Spencer
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for that. Helpful. But still the new app can't find the devices that work perfectly well with the old app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brook-Spencer,

You don't need to reclam, readd or do any new setup when you download the new app. Simply install the new mobile app and use the same credentials that you used to login with the legacy app and all of your devices will still be present.

JamesC

Brook-Spencer
Tutor
Tutor

I have spent hours trying to get everything working after loading the new app. All now working except NO RECORDING!!!

Do I now need an Arlo subscription plan???

So frustrated....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brook-Spencer wrote:

Do I now need an Arlo subscription plan???

You do need a subscription for the ultra.  Did you have the trial subscription before?  If so, did you check to see if that was still attached to your account?

Brook-Spencer
Tutor
Tutor

How do I know if I still have a subscription ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brook-Spencer wrote:

How do I know if I still have a subscription ?

Go into the web client (https://my.arlo.com) on a PC, and look in settings.  You'll see subscription on the right.

If it shows a subscription, then click on it.  Scroll down to "manage camera status" and make sure that your ultra is active.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation