Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo app icon

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello

Got an email today from Arlo saying the app icon is changing. But apart from that, everything else stays the same, the email quickly reassured.

Well, Arlo, since there was nothing wrong with the app icon, not sure why you really felt the need to change it, though I appreciate you provided the reason that it'd be more in line with what you represent.#

Thing is, though, that the system still has some unresolved issues (for example, 'There was an error obtaining your library...').

All in all, I quietly hope that with the new icon will come a new drive to get the issues fixed and a New Year's resolution that you won't break more things every time there is a new app release.

Here's to the new app icon! 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe I saw a post or pop-up about a new version of app coming. I suspect the new icon is related to that, not simply an icon change.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well, the email specifically talks about the new icon. And it assures that everything else stays the same: "You will still be able to use all the great features to monitor the things you care about, right from your phone", it raves. 

Obviously a new version of the app will need to come out for that purpose, as how else you're going to change the icon on a user's device?

Ps Given that mostly cameras are installed outside, not sure the choice of words "to monitor the things you care about" is the right one. I don't particularly care about the pavement outside my door, noe the fox or the cat that come here in the middle of the night. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation