Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GoldKey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo Ultra 2 Camera kit several days ago and haven't had it working longer than a few hours. On first setup I connected the Smarthub via ethernet and everything worked fine, added the cameras via the app and it was working. Several hours later I noticed the Amber flashing light on the Smarthub and the app showed the Smarthub as offline. Neither of the cameras were available. No settings on anything were changed, or devices moved.

I power cycled both the Smarthub and the router. The Amber light comes on solid for about 30 seconds, goes blue for a second, then quickly changes to flashing Amber again. Power cycling the Smarthub separately while the router is up and running also does this.

I decided to Factory reset the Smarthub by holding the Reset button for 10 seconds while the device is on. I've tried this multiple times because there's no immediate effect at the 10 second mark. The device eventually appears to reboot, but the result is the same as above. I noticed the Smarthub wasn't appearing in the DHCP list on my router, so I factory reset the Router. No luck.

Internet connection on my modem router tests fine with multiple devices on wifi and ethernet. I've tried another ethernet cable, and tried connecting directly to a Wifi Extender in another room to try ruling out the modem router as the issue (the extender has several PC's connected via ethernet already, so I know it works).

I searched some other posts on here but most of them resulted in a community manager taking the matter to private dm... not very helpful for someone looking for a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GoldKey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Took it back to the store and got a replacement. New one works without any issue, fingers crossed it stays that way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you held the reset button to factory reset, you also need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Claim the base and then sync the cameras as if new.

FWIW, I had my Ultra base flash amber the other day for some reason. I gave it a few minutes to reboot with no luck. Cameras were still working so not offline. I power cycled the base and all is well.

GoldKey
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

Since you held the reset button to factory reset, you also need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Claim the base and then sync the cameras as if new.

Sorry, forgot to add that I had already removed all the devices from the app and have tried detecting the Smarthub from fresh but it doesn't find it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try  different Ethernet cable as well as a different port on your router. If that fails, I would swap the system at the store.

GoldKey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Took it back to the store and got a replacement. New one works without any issue, fingers crossed it stays that way.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation