Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Icon? Having audio quality issue, random recordings for no reason, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got an updated app on my phone and I see the Arlo icon has changed. Was that really necessary? How about you fix some of the issue with this system? Like the Audio quality,  the random recordings for no reason that don't show any person or motion and the hundreds of other issues that people have reported???

I'm surprised this company is still in business.....

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the icon was the only thing you noticed about v3 , then you missed a lot.

Read; https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Smart/Arlo-Mobile-App-3-0-New-Look-New-Features/td-p/1811188

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm sure all the new features are great but what I'm saying is, instead of wasting time on stupid **bleep** like a new icon or a new feature that most people will not use, how about spending that time to fix some of the important issues that people on here are complain about, such as the connection problems and poor audio??

I have 2 front cameras that are less than 50 feet from the street. They don't pickup cars driving by and I don't want them too. The camera on the back of the house however is picking up cars driving by on the street behind my house that is 200 feet away! How is that possible. I was getting hundreds of video clips from that camera ever day around a minute apart. I had to turn down the sensitivity super low to get that to stop.

I should not have to deal with crap like this for a system that costs $1000!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know the reason for your back camera picking up cars... could be the camera angle to the cars with reflections.

But, in case your unaware, the Ultra cameras ( except a couple , like Q ) all use PIR detection for trigger events.

The PIR is max'ed out to 25 feet for people ( so not surprising you don't get cars in front at 50ft )

But do concede somewhat re are talking about after explaining.

stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now that you mention the reflections, I do sometimes see the reflection of the cars going buy in the window of the house across the street behind me. But that house is over 200 feet away. Why would the camera be picking that up?

I turned the Motion Sensitivity down to 50% and that seems to have fixed the issue. All my other camera's are at 80%.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

IR can be reflected strong enough to trigger a recording... glass does reflect most IR,

I would try to change the angle a bit on the camera to possible eliminate much of the possible reflection to see what happens.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

To create a new logo after a change is not costly, time consuming or unusual and has been going on in tech for many years.  If you have seen any of my posts you know there are a number of things I wish to see fixed.  As to seeing things 200 feet away, not unusual at all but not likely the trigger.  That is one nice feature of the new app, the box around what caused the trigger.  On one cam there was a Mt. Ash tree branch 15 feet up that you wouldn't see unless you watched very close, even with a slight breeze I would get as many as 150 notifications in a day leaving me to wonder if it was the neighbors at least 200 feet away.  Cut that branch and it stopped.  When something does trigger a cam though I can see 300 feet from any of my 7 cams.  Or if I go live but an actual trigger has at most been 35 feet except on occasion headlights at night.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation