Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New 5th gen base station synchs older cameras fine ,but then the cameras are not showing up on ap

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Waffleman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased VMB5000 and two 4K cameras. I have 4 wireless Arlo pro 2 and arlo pro which I have been using without problems up to now.

I installed the new base station VMB5000 I am able to synch the 4K cameras fine. I was then able to "add" my 6 additional cameras (four arlo pro 2 and two arlo pro)   they all synched correctly and were added to the list of cameras, but after that the cameras do not show up on my "devices" list.   

I have tried multiple things to include removing the batteries/re-inserting and re-synching , but when I did that, it could not find my cameras at all.  I then decided to add back the arlo pro 2 base station, but it could not find the base station at all.   

I then deactivated the VMB5000 base station, and re-started over from the beginning with same problem... It finds all of my cameras and "adds" them.   This time one of the arlo pro2 shows up on my device list, but not the five others.

All firmwares are up to date.

Tried calling Arlo customer support but they must be closed this Saturday noon time; same with Arlo chat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Waffleman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I was able to fix the problem by going to my account online and adding the cameras that way.  Not sure why it didn't work on my phone or tablet, but fine on PC...they are all on the same wifi.   

Now my problem is adding back the arlo pro 2 base station.  Cannot get this thing back on, despite hard reset.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Waffleman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I was able to fix the problem by going to my account online and adding the cameras that way.  Not sure why it didn't work on my phone or tablet, but fine on PC...they are all on the same wifi.   

Now my problem is adding back the arlo pro 2 base station.  Cannot get this thing back on, despite hard reset.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Waffleman,

When you say hard reset, did you hold down the reset button until all of the LEDs on the base station flash amber? Afterwards, you should be able to reclaim the base on your Arlo account by clicking "Add Device", selecting base station and following the in-app instructions.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation