Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion without recording

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Why am I getting frequent motion detection notices, but no recordings?
10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RSC1,

How often is this happening? Do the recordings never arrive or are they late? Does it happen for all cameras?

JamesC

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since 11:53 EST. I’m getting motion notifications and seeing the ball and SD card symbols turning orange, but nothing appears in my library.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RSC1,

Try rebooting your SmartHub. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

What mode are you using (default Armed or a custom mode)?

JamesC

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Check your SD card. They are probably there. Arlo doesn't have a clue why this is happening to people.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Camera-recording-but-no-video-on-portal-New-thread/td-p/171...

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had rebooted remotely and it seems to be working, but there’s a six minute lag until it hits the library.
VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Try a power cycle on hub, that worked for me. Not a remote restart.

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep. That’s what I’m about to do. I was at work and could only restart it remotely
Xquzme
Tutor
Tutor

I noticed this as well last night on my system.  It shows motion 7 hrs ago but no recordings.  I have rebooted my hub by unplugging for 20 seconds then rebooting. We will see if it helps to rectify some of the issues.

Xquzme
Tutor
Tutor

Well, that didn't seem to rectify the issue.  Again, I see a vehicle drove by 1 hr ago on my app and no recorded video in my notifications.  

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
It helped a little for me then I put all cameras back to the factor settings. Such as record until motion is done, and only activating that one camera that sees motion and not others too. Video to library still takes about 5 minutes.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation