Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
valenti
Follower
Follower

Hello,  I recently purchased an Arto Ultra 1 Camera package.  I managed to pair the camera and hub fine and I can view my back garden with my camera.  However, motion detection is not working at all.  No matter what moves in front of the camera, it is not detected and there is no notification.  I have even waved my hand in front of the camera and it is not detected.

I have checked and tried all of the following:

1) If I run the Motion Detection Test, nothing happens (no blinking orange light).

2) I have tried removing and reinstalling the camera and hub and done a factory reset.

3) I can take snapshots and record video with the camera.  Audio is working as well.

4) The firmware on the camera and hub are the most up-to-date versions.

5) The motion detection icon in the app is permanently greyed out.

6) I have checked that the Mode in the app is Armed.

Is it possible the motion detection is broken on the camera?  Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@valenti wrote:

Is it possible the motion detection is broken on the camera?  Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Sounds like it.  If you can exchange the camera with the seller, I'd do that.  Otherwise contract support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation