Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lost access to all library for Pro 2 motion when adding Ultra?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LD2657
Follower
Follower

Hi,

We've had the Pro2 set up for a couple of years now. It is great with our 5 cameras and the free 7 day library of cloud recordings.

Recently, we added a new Ultra base unit and two ultra cameras. 

We need two separate base units as we want to run two schedules - one for full time street facing motion alerts, and one for scheduled motion alerts within the property (both inside and outside).

The problem I have, is I have now lost access to all of my library of pro2 motion recordings since implementing the ultra, therefore rendering the whole pro2 setup obsolete. I only have access to the new ultra recordings which are currently on the 12 month introductory subscription.

I don't understand why I have lost access the content which was previously on a 7 day rolling cloud storage for free.  It seems that as I have purchased a better quality system to supplement the previous I have lost the previous.

Can anyone help or suggest why this is happening and/or what to do to fix it?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem to be due to the total number of cameras in your account. You could remove the new cameras and hub and set them up in a new account using a second email address and then use Settings, Grant Access from the new account to the old's email address so all show up in one login. You will still have to occasionally log into the second account to manage things but generally things should be fine.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation