Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
The longer I've had the Ultra cams the more I'm experiencing some recordings going to the local and not on the cloud storage. This is highly frustrating since most of the time I can't even see the local video while on the local network.

I realize the fix for this is to remove the SD card but that defeats the purpose. I've attached a screenshot of what the local view looks like on my iOS device. It will not play.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
The latest 2.13 (2334) iOS app seems to have fixed the issue I was having with the inability of playing local storage in the app. 👍🏻

Time will tell if the update fixed the occasional recording going to local only vs both cloud and local.

Now, if only Arlo could fix the CVR timeline issues!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you download the video and use VLC to view it?

Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
Shouldn't need a VLC app right? Just open and play in the Arlo iOS app like before? It used to work. Now it just downloads and stays gray. Saving to photos doesn't work and neither does share. When choosing share it hangs. When saving to photos is says it did but when I go look it's not there.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree that VLC shouldn't be needed but we're troubleshooting here. I've had issues where a somehow corrupted video won't play except in VLC. 

I don't/won't have iOS so can't tell you how to check for the downloaded videos. Assuming all your app permissions are allowed, it should be in your default download folder. Maybe a search for MP4 files would help. Others will have to jump in here for real iOS help.

Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
Unable. I tap to play/download and it will day its downloaded but thumbnail is still grayed out. So won't play. Only options I see are share and save to photos. Choosing share does nothing and choosing save to photos will say "successfully saved" but I can't find on the entire device.

It's worked in the past but it's been a while.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bluestreak20,

Do you experience this only on the iOS device or does this also happen on other devices?

JamesC

bgerring
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem, I found that after I ejected the SD card, removed it and then re-inserted it, it started working again. Good Luck!

Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
I did some troubleshooting and here is where I'm at:

I have all iOS. The inability to play local storage in the Arlo iPhone app is currently not working for me. I'm using ver 2.12.3 (1927). I'm unable to use "share" or "save to photos" functionality. When trying to play the video shows downloaded (after filling in circle) then is grayed out and never plays. "Share" function does nothing and "save to photos" says it's saved but not found anywhere on the device. Permissions are selected to allow write access to photos.

I tried the Arlo iPad app ver 2.12.3 (1927) and it's slightly better. The only change from above is I can play the video in the Arlo app.

I've also tried the myArlo website and there is no functionality that I can find for local storage.

I've rebooted the base and R&R the SD card as well. Hopefully that will help with the occasional placement of one video to SD card only.
Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
The latest 2.13 (2334) iOS app seems to have fixed the issue I was having with the inability of playing local storage in the app. 👍🏻

Time will tell if the update fixed the occasional recording going to local only vs both cloud and local.

Now, if only Arlo could fix the CVR timeline issues!
arlo_rg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the updated Arlo iOS app. With the microSD card installed, some recordings are not going to the cloud. I had to remove the microSD and restart my hub to get to the expected behavior.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation