Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Always_watching
Tutor
Tutor
I am having an issue with my Arlo ultra system, it records in 4k and I have an elite plan with CVR but when I log into my cameras and stream it live it no longer states 4k quality anymore, I am on the same local network too so I am unsure why it is no longer 4k. Anyone else having this issue?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try toggling the Local 4k Live Streaming setting in the Video Settings for the camera.

Always_watching
Tutor
Tutor
Unfortunately this didn’t fix the issue,
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I missed the CVR subscription before - that lowers everything to 1080p. You'd have to remove CVR to get 4k.

Always_watching
Tutor
Tutor

Hey, i only have CVR on 4 of my 5 cams though and i don't get the 4K on the one without the CVR subscription.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove and reconnect the camera to see if that helps. Ensure that the 4k live viewing toggle is on in the camera settings.

officialuseonly
Guide
Guide

You are in the same boat as me (as such I have had no positive or productive input from the power users who live on the forums) -

Unless you're wanting to give up cloud access (the ability to view it away from home and outside of your local network), you'll need to pay for one of the new tier services to access that 2K or 4K quality video via cloud stream and locally saved to your SD card, or... you can elect to not have a paid service,  have NO cloud access and you'll constantly have to switch over to your Local SD storage to view the videos after you receive the notifications.  

You'll also conveniently notice that some, or all of your fancy features for your 4K quality cameras are missing or locked, or replaced with something of a lower quality.  Point fingers are Arlo and their new paid tier plan.  Locked features until you pay them to use them.  Makes total sense...   *smashes head against wall*

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation