Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local Storage access

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Steve_M45
Tutor
Tutor

I just updated to the new iOS app and am having trouble viewing local storage on all my bases.  I have two Ultra 4K bases and one Pro 3 base.  One of the ultra bases is plugged directly into my router via LAN cable.  My other ultra and pro 3 bases are connected via WiFi extenders, the bases plug into the extender via LAN cable.  All bases are working as intended, they are uploading to the cloud and storing on the sd & usb drive.

when I go into my library and change from cloud to any of my bases I get a message “videos stored on PRO3 base are not available.  Please check your connection settings”

I only have one router and everything goes through it.  I’m connected to it with my iOS device via wireless.

All help is appreciated, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Steve_M45
Tutor
Tutor

Never mind, a reboot of all the bases fixed it.  It does seem to work a little flakey.  Sometimes When I try connecting to one of the bases it will connect momentarily and immediately switch back to the cloud.  If I keep trying to connect it will eventually connect and stay connected.  And just now I was viewing a video on local storage and the app shut down.

Also, by viewing the local storage I’ve found out I been missing a lot of triggers because they didn’t make it to the cloud and I never got alerts for them.  There’s many more triggers on local storage than cloud.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Steve_M45 wrote:

Never mind, a reboot of all the bases fixed it.  It does seem to work a little flakey.  Sometimes When I try connecting to one of the bases it will connect momentarily and immediately switch back to the cloud.  If I keep trying to connect it will eventually connect and stay connected.  And just now I was viewing a video on local storage and the app shut down.

Also, by viewing the local storage I’ve found out I been missing a lot of triggers because they didn’t make it to the cloud and I never got alerts for them.  There’s many more triggers on local storage than cloud.

I had not played with this until just now.  When I turned it on, my unviewed video count jumped by over 100, but the local and cloud recordings are clearly not all the same.  My cloud recordings do not appear on the local storage and I assume vice versa.  Also, I don’t see the option for viewing local storage on my iPad which has shared access to the Pro 3 cameras on a different account.  It makes sense, since the cloud is in control of shared access permissions.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation