Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local Storage Questions. How to view screenshots before downloading? Keep email option on?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
rinku2012
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

My 12 months subscription is completed. I dont want to renew the subscription as spending $10 per month is not worth

I have few questions regarding Local storage files

1. I am unable to view the screenshot of the video ( when i click on library, i can see the screenshot of the image before clicking on the video). This is available on cloud access but not local storage access. how can i view the screenshots before downloading the video to my phone

2. I have kept email option if there is any motion detection for one of my camera. Can i have the the same settings enabled after i cancel the subscription ?

3. I have 5 cameras. 1 is connected to solar charger, 1 is connected to power and other 3 are connected via batteries. When i am viewing recordings from local storage, i see that all the cameras are being shown in 4k, but only the camera which i have connected to solar charger is showing as 2K. how can i change the camera to record in 4K ?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) You can't.

2) I believe that to be true.

3) Have you compared camera settings with one that's recording in 4K?

demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a feeling arlo intentionally cripples thumbnails on local storage to deter people from using it over their subscription.. 

rinku2012
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

can someone help me in the below issue

3. I have 5 cameras. 1 is connected to solar charger, 1 is connected to power and other 3 are connected via batteries. When i am viewing recordings from local storage, i see that all the cameras are being shown in 4k, but only the camera which i have connected to solar charger is showing as 2K. how can i change the camera to record in 4K ?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation