Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local Storage Access from web interface

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Floydbloke
Star
Star

Newbie Ultra owner here.

I have (reasonably) successfully managed access to locally stored clips through the (Android) app.  (It's a bit clunky and flaky but that appears to be the norm from reading the posts on this forum.)

Am I right in thinking though that access to local storage is not available through the web UI?

If so, are there any plans to implement this?  Or better still make the base station available on the local LAN as a Windows share or some such.

(I'm middle-aged and I much prefer a large screen with keyboard and mouse over a 5" touchscreen. 😀 )

1 REPLY 1
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Floydbloke wrote:

Am I right in thinking though that access to local storage is not available through the web UI?

Yes.

@Floydbloke wrote:

If so, are there any plans to implement this?  Or better still make the base station available on the local LAN as a Windows share or some such.

Arlo hasn't said anything about this, and rarely comments on future "products" before they happen. It only told us about "local access" because there was an uproar when people discovered that they did not get a free cloud account with Ultra cameras.

If you want this to happen, put in a "feature request".

Arlo Idea Exchange - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation