Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Yada
Tutor
Tutor

Tested with iOS app 2.7.7. This works only if wifi have a IP in the same subnet as hub. With a VPN connection the wifi IP is not the IP used for endpoint communication. This would for sure be classified as a bug or not yet implemented right. Expected behavior for local check should be ”if VPN is active use VPN IP otherwise use wifi IP”

JamesC, can you please check with engineers about this.

3 REPLIES 3
shijinying
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can use VPN in china as i m leaving for china next week.

Yada
Tutor
Tutor

Not really shure what you meant, is that a question or a statment?

Yada
Tutor
Tutor

@Yada wrote:

Tested with iOS app 2.7.7. This works only if wifi have a IP in the same subnet as hub. With a VPN connection the wifi IP is not the IP used for endpoint communication. This would for sure be classified as a bug or not yet implemented right. Expected behavior for local check should be ”if VPN is active use VPN IP otherwise use wifi IP”

JamesC, can you please check with engineers about this.

Just to clarify, this is with a private VPN router located at home network and Live 4k is not working while connected with VPN thru cellular connection to my home network. I belive it should. VPN connection is set up correctly, tested at my friends house while connected to his wifi and started VPN connection to home then Live 4k works ok. I really would like to know if Arlo thinks this is intended behaviour or if it's a bug that will be fixed at some point.

Anyone from Arlo please, here or in pm.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation