Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Taylorhodges11
Follower
Follower

Live streaming doesn’t work but when I go to video settings it shows the live feed. Don’t get it. I click play to see the live stream and it loads for about a minute then fails and displays the play icon again. Wifi is above what is needed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The latest firmware updates for base stations and SmartHubs included a fix that should resolve a majority of the issues with 2K/4K live streams. We are continuing to investigate some corner case scenarios that could result in 2K/4K live stream failure. If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

JamesC

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Taylorhodges11 wrote:
I click play to see the live stream and it loads for about a minute then fails and displays the play icon again.

Are you talking about the live stream play on the main display, or the one in video settings/camera positioning?

Are you seeing an error message, or is the playback just stopping?

AlwaysArloIssue
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue on my 4K ultra’s. This is on the main dashboard page which displays all of your cameras. It is weird because all of my 1080 and 720 cameras live stream just fine. 

Ksturm97
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my 4k ultra2 cameras, Any idea of how to fix? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ksturm97 wrote:

I am having the same issue with my 4k ultra2 cameras, Any idea of how to fix? 

Turn off 4K livestreaming in the app (for now).  

Ksturm97
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine isn’t on, but it’s motion is fine, I’ve tested that, the video will not process and upload in the cloud, the light will come on at night and everything but it will not record. Also, it won’t let me play the live video, it loads, but then it goes right back to the play button. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ksturm97 wrote:

Mine isn’t on, but it’s motion is fine, I’ve tested that, the video will not process and upload in the cloud, the light will come on at night and everything but it will not record. Also, it won’t let me play the live video, it loads, but then it goes right back to the play button. 

What else have you tried to fix it?  

If this is happening with all cameras then I suggest restarting the base/smarthub.

Ksturm97
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base station and the cameras have been factory reset and the same thing happens. The recordings don’t ever record and they never make it to the cloud. On the ultra 2, do you think adding a Sd Card for local recording would fix the problem? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ksturm97 wrote:

The base station and the cameras have been factory reset and the same thing happens. The recordings don’t ever record and they never make it to the cloud. On the ultra 2, do you think adding a Sd Card for local recording would fix the problem? 

As far as recording goes, the main question there is whether the cameras are still in a subscription plan.  Have you checked for that?  (settings->subscriptions->manage cameras).

Adding an SD card card for local storage might be a good idea (fwiw, I have them installed on my VMB5000 bases).  But that won't solve the cloud recording issue.

Ksturm97
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both of the ultra 2 cameras have the trial that it comes with active still. I think I’m going to try an SD card and if that doesn’t work, then I’m going to call support. 

Raed
Initiate
Initiate

Guru 

Can you acknowledge support are working on an update for this issue ?
Please be aware multiple users are experiencing same live streaming issue and have reached out here to advance beyond the basic checks and fixes readily available on Arlo site.  

cheers ! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Raed wrote:

Guru 

Can you acknowledge support are working on an update for this issue ?

I'm assuming you mean me.

It clearly is a problem they need to fix. That said, there are some recent issues being reported here that I'd personally prioritize over this one - schedules not working, and direct access to local storage not working being two.  There's no workaround for those two, and there is a simple workaround for 2K/4K livestreaming failing.

But I don't work for Arlo, so I do not know what they are working on.  

BTW, @Ksturm97's issue is different from the main topic of this thread. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I do not have an ETA for a fix at this time, but will provide more information as soon as I know more.

JamesC

AlwaysArloIssue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates to the 2k and 4K live streams not working? Thank you. 

Ksturm97
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey James, 

Oddly enough my home cameras started recording and giving me video to the cloud, but now since the cameras at home are working and recording. Now my cameras for my office at work are not working. The cameras still show up and I can still view the lives, but now they won’t upload videos to the cloud and the base station for work has disappeared and I can no longer arm or disarm them. Is this an issue with having two camera systems base stations under the same username in the same app? Please help! This is driving me crazy! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The latest firmware updates for base stations and SmartHubs included a fix that should resolve a majority of the issues with 2K/4K live streams. We are continuing to investigate some corner case scenarios that could result in 2K/4K live stream failure. If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

JamesC

ZorkroZ
Guide
Guide

I’m having a similar issue. 1st issue:

Love streaming is not in 2K but the recorded clips are.

2nd issue: when I click on the play button for my arlo pro 3 Floodlight camera it says connecting for a millisecond and then times out. The only fix is to completely close the app and log back in. Then it works once and every time I click it a second time, it does the same time out issue. Very frustrating. Any ideas? Currently have the latest firmware too.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ZorkroZ,

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed? Try deleting the app and downloading a fresh install from the app store. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

ZorkroZ
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

So I’m still unable to live stream in 2k and the timing out issue only happens when I have Local 2K live streaming enabled. When I turn that off, no more timing out. In either case with it on or off it never streams in 2k. It does record in 2K however.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no success. 

Mrbluesays
Tutor
Tutor

My arlo camera stopped streaming ... It says privacy settings don't allow streaming. How do I fix ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mrbluesays wrote: 

My arlo camera stopped streaming ... It says privacy settings don't allow streaming. How do I fix ?

What model camera is this? 

Are you seeing this both in the app and on a PC (my.arlo.com)?

d1v0t
Aspirant
Aspirant

Verified that I've got the latest firmware on the base station and latest version of the Arlo Secure app for iOS. But streaming from an Ultra camera when "Local 4k Live Streaming" is enabled still does not work.  Pressing play from the home view simply blinks "Connecting..." briefly but never starts.  Live streaming only works with "Local 4k Live Streaming" disabled.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

d1v0t,

Consider uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and then download again from the app store. Be sure you have the latest version of iOS installed on your mobile device and then test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

d1v0t
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Arlo Secure on my phone running iOS v16.1.  Also have verified that the Ultra camera and base station have the latest firmware.  The bug is still there and can be reproduced easily with the following steps...

> Launch Arlo secure
> Enable the Ultra camera
> in Video Settings enable "Local 4k Live Streaming"
> attempt to start a live viewing session on the Ultra camera

"Connecting..." will flash at the top of the camera view but it will not connect.  The only way to "live view" at this time is to disable "Local 4k Live Streaming".

This seems to be a common problem.  Does anyone know if engineering has an ETA on the fix for this issue?

Cheers,

d1v0t

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation