Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live View Manual Recordings

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi,

I currently pay for a PVR subscription enabling my motion triggered events to be recorded to the cloud in 4K.

However, the manual recordings button is missing on the iOS app when in live view and 'Local 4k Live Streaming' is enabled. When it is disabled, the manual record button returns, allowing me to record manually in 1080p.

Can we please get a fix to enable manual recordings in 4K to the cloud for PVR subscribers.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JTelleria

This is an error in the user manual. When live streaming in 4K, manual recordings and snapshots are not available.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
atlien
Initiate
Initiate

Agreed! Not seeing a lot of advantage in having 4K cameras that do not allow me to record 4K footage.

Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC

Do you know anything in regards to this issue?
RT5
Guide
Guide

The 4K cloud service is basically extremely limited without the ability to record a Live Stream ON DEMAND in the resolution we are paying for. IF the camera is sold as 4K, EVERYTHING it does should be available in this resolution. It should also stream to Homekit and Alexa in 4K if possible.

Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary

Has this been resolved ? I'm still having this issue along with audio cutting in & out also. Both the record  & snapshot icons are missing!

RT5
Guide
Guide

Record and Snapshot disappear by design in 4K live view, for now. They do not let you manually record 4K clips, which is ridiculous. I was told by Arlo tech support that I needed to purchase an SD card to enable manual 4K live recording, so I did that, and it did nothing - so that advice was wrong. If you switch to standard resolution, the buttons will re-appear for manual recording. Audio cutting in and out - try disabling the audio filter for wind noise? Or, wait about 10-15 seconds and it should start to stabilize, that's what happens with mine, I suppose once it buffers.

Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary

I concur! Wish they could, at the very least say their aware and working on a solution but only attempt to jump you through hoops to no avail...

JTelleria
Guide
Guide
According to the Arlo Ultra user manual I downloaded, we’re supposed to be able to manually record in 4K. But the record button still doesn’t appear in the app when live streaming from any of my Ultra cameras in 4K. I have to turn off local 4K streaming in the camera video settings to get the record button to appear. But then it’s only recording in 1080p to the cloud and doesn’t record a 4K clip to the SD card. I have the latest version of the iOS app. I hope they fix this bug in a future release.

from the manual...
“If you enable 4K live streaming in your Arlo Ultra video settings, 4K live video streams when you tap Play on the camera stream in the Arlo app. You can also manually record in 4K by tapping the play button and then tapping Record .“
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JTelleria

This is an error in the user manual. When live streaming in 4K, manual recordings and snapshots are not available.

JamesC

Techlen
Tutor
Tutor
Manual recording is missing. That’s not acceptable. I can hear things outside sometimes and I look at the camera. If I see something happen I can’t access it? Doesn’t that seem unacceptable? I also pay per month to use these cameras. I am not too happy with Arlo limiting the 4K camera abilities. Not sure I went with the right company. Especially after they dumped me off my subscription with no notice. Cost so much to activate my cameras I turned off three of them. 😠
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation