Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Excuse me for being a Noob to Arlo, but I have experience with different camera systems and only having mine for 2 days, Arlo is very confusing with the manula and what actually happening.

My settings were to record to local SD Disk and would time out after 30 minutes of local Lie Streaming.

I have 2 cameras but ONLY subscribed my front door to the "Premire" Subscription.

Guess what?  Running 4 hours now without timing out!

So, why cant we have unlimted streaming local but yet when we subscribe, we dont time out on the cameras?

To me, Netgear seems a little shaky as they hide very well the subscriptions for single  camera but make it obvious for the more expensive subscriptions.
If Im constant streaming local, one would figure it wouldn't be a big resource on the Arlo Servers and would allow for more than 30 minutes.

Again, excuse me for being a Noob and trying to understand what is going on and not directly accusing Netgear for shady business practice.

Yes, I have the latest updates, but WITHOUT at least 1 camera subscription, you CAN NOT stream more than 30 minutes.

Is there an explanation for this as it is not really listed SPECIFICALLY in the manual or the boards.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ButchZ66 wrote:

If Im constant streaming local, one would figure it wouldn't be a big resource on the Arlo Servers and would allow for more than 30 minutes.

Yes, but it does drain the battery in the camera quite quickly - so there is a timeout on live streaming.  There are lots of posts on this - including here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Stop-livestream-timing-out/m-p/1006277#M15947

The puzzle here is why live streaming lasted 4 hours - it's not supposed to do that (no matter what subscription you have).

ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

Im running the power cord.

I think 4 hours might of been exaggerated but it was a really long time so I am definitely confused as why things seem different each time I shut down or tweak a setting.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned, all the Arlo cams have always timed out at about 30 min regardless of battery or ac 

The only Arlo cam that records/stays live for a longer time is the Q cams...( not counting the Baby)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ButchZ66
Tutor
Tutor

thats a shame but thanks for the help

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation