Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
paulthemann
Tutor
Tutor

Seems Arlo has a major issue in the RMA process...

I have been chasing my RMA ( 7167062 ) for over 3 weeks now... thats 3 weeks+ of downtime. Most times I contact someone they send me a new case number so I now have: 42177691, 42105557,42173828,42151448,42146049, and 42100116.

The email I was sent for my RMA said I needed to post it back at my own cost with tracking. so I did. a few days later I received a pre-paid return satchel ?!?!?! That would've been useful information before i posted mine back.

My tracking shows my return was received at their depot on the 10th... but Arlo are claiming it was never "checked in"... As I keep telling them, whats that got to do with me? if you've lost it... it was after it was received.

over a month now of no security cameras or doorbell...and going round in circles with Arlo.

has anyone any advice on which governing body needs to receive complaints / reports of mishandling customers / Companies not fulfilling warranty returns etc?

Tia

... wow, just wow.... everything i try to do regarding this has problems, even posting this message in the community board requires a label but there are no suggestions and wont let me create one #palmface

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi paulthemann,

Are you still having problems with your RMA? Please let us know if you still have issues.

paulthemann
Tutor
Tutor
After weeks of continually asking to speak to supervisors of supervisors I was finally assured by someone in the Philippines that the warehouse has authorised a replacement to be sent out... Aus Post has since assured me the unit was returned to the correct address as they apparently deliver there a lot! I'm still waiting for my replacement... In total I've now been without a very expensive security camera equipment for nearly 6 weeks... Over the holiday period.

Absolutely disgusted at the quality of customer service from Arlo... Have never experienced anything like it.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Selbee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

I live in Canada and am having the same problem-allthough I did not get a prepaid return bag. This is process is especially frustrating since they don't seem to have an escalation process. Every time I try and find out what is going on with my RMA, I start from scratch. I have new been with my doorbell for almost 2 months and confirmed delivery of my RMA 2 weeks ago. Arlo's products a re great when they work, but their after sales service is terrible!
paulthemann
Tutor
Tutor
Unfortunately Selbee, I completely agree. I eventually received a new smart hub which is working but Arlo didn't do anything to compensate for the most annoying 6 weeks of the worst customer service ever... So I have since purchased a new Swann 4k system that doesn't require a subscription, backs up to Dropbox and connects to home assistant! Loving my new security!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation