Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keeps recording as motion detected even I only set to animal and person, solar panel stop charging

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Wellee
Follower
Follower

Keeps recording as motion detected even if I only set to animal and person, it is just the shadow of the swaying branches, if this stupid camera cannot distinguish this, I think it would only work at the place has no shaking shadows. It causes the battery for this camera to drain too fast. The solar panel stop charging shows the yellow icon, searched online know when the temperature is low, the device would stop to charge to protect the battery, damn it, it is 84℉ outside, too low? too high? This issue happened on 2 of my 4 devices. All the cameras are under the canopy, so what is the normal working temperature? After I initially installed all the camera, one of them stop charging before sunset, I suspect it is because of the direct sunlight power is not enough and the palm tree may block part of the sunlight, so I adjust the solar panel's orientation to let this spoiled solar panel and camera work again.

Back to my main issue encountering, how to let the camera stop detecting the motion I don't want to see? Do not tell me to set to low sensitivity, even with the sensitivity set to almost max, the camera still missing a lot of motions selected, "record until activity stops" is another stupid setting, normally only record about 10-15s, however, the motions are much longer than that

So many problems on these expensive devices, to me, the set of $1000 camera only worth $ 200. With such poor quality cameras, you even want to charge the subscription monthly, no wonder you gonna lose market competitiveness.

Hope your supporting team can start to address all these issues, looks like they are common issues that cover the whole forum. Please treat your customers as a priority not how much you can get into your pocket!

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation