Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keep Night Vision turned on

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
daveuk100
Follower
Follower

Short version - How can i force Night Vision to be on? I don't want to rely on the light sensor as it doesn't work well enough in my scenario. 

Longer version:

I have my Arlo Ultra camera positioned above a long driveway with several lights leading down the drive. During the daytime the quality of the picture is great, but at night it's just super blurry and wouldn't be usable footage.

Even though Night vision is enabled on my camera, it does not come on for me at night because my driveway has lights along it and I guess never reaches the darkness level required by night vision...however, i have noticed that when night vision DOES come on the quality of the picture is much much better. I'd therefore like a way to force night vision to always be on at night, so that I can benefit from the higher quality recordings that will it will produce.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@daveuk100 wrote:

Short version - How can i force Night Vision to be on? I don't want to rely on the light sensor as it doesn't work well enough in my scenario. 

Unfortunately you can't.  The closest you can come is to turn off "color" in the low light settings (and turn off the spotlight).

FWIW, I've also seen this issue - when the system uses low-light color, the video quality is sometimes pretty bad.  A setting to force IR nightvision probably would be helpful (probably would need to be done on a schedule?).  Though it would be good if they took another look at their IR/Color threshold..

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation