Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues with UI

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello Arlo users and hello Arlo mods

Just thought I'd report a number of UI and functionality bugs (!) on the latest app (this refers to Arlo Europe). As I've reported some before (a long time ago, in fact), I'm hoping that this time, they'll finally be addressed. It's obvious to me no-one at your company really tests your app before it's released, as these howlers wouldn't be there:

- recording the country in Account > Profile > Name, Email to United Kingdom results in another flag appearing there once you save and go back. Interestingly, that flag isn't even listed amongst the ones possible and is that of the Isle of Man. Is Arlo using Wikipedia to collect their flag icons?

- strength of signal: for some reason, the strength of signal of my cameras on the main screen of the app is different from when you select the three dots and then 'Device Settings'. This is more for those cameras that are further away and so the question I'd like to ask: is the signal strength effectively two bars or three bars, as  I've tried several times and each time it's the same?

- in the dark mode, some icons are showing as grey whereas others as bright grey. For example, when a camera is connected to the mains, the mains icon is showing as grey, whereas the signal strength/battery sign as bright grey. The same applies to some icons in the live view (4k, icon of the house etc.)

- the new colour scheme, judging by the splash screen of the app and your website is dark blue. Yet, the log-in screen is a different blue and 'Devices'/'Library' and 'Mode' are still green, whereas if you go to 'Profile', the writing is blue. I'm confused by this colour scheme

I think this is enough for now. 

1 REPLY 1
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I obviously forgot to mention swiping.

So, to review videos (one after another in the landscape mode of your phone) back in time, one has to swipe forward. In other words, to view videos from earlier in the day, one has to swipe in the opposite direction that the logic dictates. 

I must say, the more I think about all that, I more I conclude that this Arlo app and direct storage is really work in progress. Probably this would be acceptable when two enthusiasts get together to do a bit of coding, but to have all this as part of an expensive setup is very concerning.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation