Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
v6pdw
Aspirant
Aspirant

The portal bounces on to state "We're sorry, your attempt to log in was blocked. If you denied the request by accident, try logging in again."   It flashes up (for milli-secs - I had to film it and pause the pic) a notification that it is sending an email to the registered email address for verification, but nothing arrives (and yes, have checked Junk...)    It coincides with an advice on the app stating that my first years membership has lapsed - but without being able to log on - I'm stuck !  All a bit disappointing really.  Any suggestions ? 

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @v6pdw

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

v6pdw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted the support desk and raised a ticket.  In fact, by request, I took time to take screen shots, open Google analytic traces, logs from 3 separate browsers and sent them via an agreed file drop portal.  1 week on, I received an email advising that the matter was closed due to 'inactivity' !  And of course, I can't reply to the email as it's a 'no-reply address' but instead am expected to find more time out of my day to raise yet another ticket !   Really disappointing support.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @v6pdw

Can you provide me with your original ticket that was closed out.

v6pdw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Case Number: 41969517
Subject: Login Denied, web browser, 2FA

faivneng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I am curious, did you ever get this issue fixed? I am having the same issue.

v6pdw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Definitely not had a resolution.  The guy in Europe seemed quite knowledgeable about the issue and said it was an Apple / Mac thing. It's all around dual factor authentication and there was a short window until the end of Sept which enabled them to allow me access by switching it off via the mobile app (so I could pay them my annual subscription - nice !), however after that the authentication rule became mandatory.  Unfortunately they hadn't adequately tested all of the platforms which support their software and now needed to resolve.   I was asked to take a variety of coding logs and screen scrapes to assist in him 'building a case' for resolution, which I did (the same day and he acknowledged).  But after a a week, they just closed it due to 'inactivity' and suggested I raise a new ticket if I wanted anyone to start looking at it again !  Certainly not what you'd call good Customer Service. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @v6pdw

I have escalated your case and someone from the escalations team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Your escalations number is: 41991952

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation