Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Infrared coming on near same time each night.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ICU123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Contacted arlo support because I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep when my arlo infrared lights came on when my system was disarmed. Came on for 4-5 sec, shut off and came back on again a minute later for about the same time.

That was about 8:25pm, the next night it came on at 8:44pm and only for a few sec and never came back on as far as I know. I went to sleep. 

It this someone hacking my camera or is it internal from arlo? I have 3 of them but only noticed my bedroom camera doing this.

I need a security system because I live in a less than great place to live area. Bought it so I could see invaders and not to be spied on.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The issue of apparent activation overnight has been discussed for years. While I'm not aware of this happening during the evening hours, it's been noted by myself and many others that cameras seemed to activate, LEDs and spotlights turned on, etc. for brief periods of time. My guess is that some activity to<>from the servers is happening, perhaps checking for firmware updates. Whether this is what you observed, especially since it was before midnight, I can't say.

If concerned that someone may have accessed your account, change the password and ensure 2FA is enabled and working.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned, I see this with my Ultra now and then ... It seems to happen ( for me ) at about 2 am when the camera is unarmed.   I first noticed it when the Ultra was first released ( 1-2 yrs ago ) ... Only noticed it cause the IR/Light was picked up and triggered one of my other cameras.

Seems to be an internal trigger, has never effected the actual usage.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ICU123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Used 2fa and I changed the password, and it happened again at the exact same time. 8:44pm, but didn't stay on as long. Only the infrared comes on. I talked to arlo chat before posting in the forum and they couldn't help. They had no idea when I asked if a ip address was possible to check. The knew which camera I wanted info for but told me it was the same info I had in setting. The could see what I have each camera set at but that was it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation