Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I was able to get a hold of the Arlo CEO. I was really surprised he messaged back to my DM. It seemed as if he was not aware of any of these issues. I did mention to him the issues I was experiencing and that all of you have been experiencing with your Arlo ultras. He said he would get his engineers to call me to look into the issues and see what’s going on asap. I just hope it’s not regular support and it actually is higher engineering team. He did mention to me that there should be a feature hopefully being rolled out in the next 12 months where Arlo devices may not need a base station. If you guys want I can send over the full conversation. We went over a lot of stuff.

3 REPLIES 3
Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have a update for you guys I actually got a call from his team just now which was the head of customer service and he is getting their head engineer involved which we are going to have a conference Call.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Seva, what Ultra issues are you referring to?

Thanks,
Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
I was able to tell them about my problems regarding no motion detected, no recordings found in the cloud, choppy sound and video, cameras not connecting, and cameras sending out 1 million notifications at once. They got a whole bunch of information from my cameras this was their direct engineering team from the higher-ups. They are going to be in direct contact with me I also notified them that this community page has a lot of customers who are experiencing multiple issues. Both the CEO and then engineering team promised to take a look and try to fix the situation so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. It did seem to me that these issues were never escalated from the support teams to the engineers. I’m not really sure where the disconnect is from the support team making tickets and sending it to the engineers. I also did ask the CEO about secure HomeKit and he told me

HomeKit Secure Video is not in process and Apple doesn't even support non-Linux based device SDK. Plus lots of issues on security and performance. So no plans there as right now there is no technical path to do it. We will always continue to look at it though... Some of our latest products are starting to support WIFI routers (we call it D2AP)... doorbell, floodlight etc but requires different WIFI. But that support will continue to roll out with launches over next 12 months

The good news is that Arlo does want to possibly have it in the future and Apple needs to change up some stuff on their end.

Hope this helps y’all!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation