Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I'm charging my Ultra and the app battery level is flashing between the battery level box and then with the flash symbol, never seen it like this before is this a new way of it charging?
12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"Flash" symbol? Do you mean the battery icon with a lightning bolt over it? That would seem to imply a poor connection someplace - battery to camera, cable to camera or charger to cable. Perhaps even the socket the charger is plugged into. I've had a few issues requiring me to wipr the contacts on the camera and cable before connection is made - try that.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Yes that is what I mean, it's a brand new outdoor cable, I removed it and let it jump back on its connections, but after being ok for like 20mins it was back to poor connection display
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

surfer1000,

What does the battery % show when you notice this behavior?

If you allow the battery to deplete some before applying the charger, does it behave the same way?

JamesC

CIREMAN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine it goes blinking apps battery when reach 93% and activity zone not working any idea?
youngek
Guide
Guide
I am in the process of connecting mine to power and then have the exact same issue bounces back and fourth at 93% It’s a brand new cable I’ve disconnected it and re connected it and no change.
CIREMAN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Youngek,

Mine Person was activated in smart notification and set activity zone.... i did changed cable and power adapter and wasn’t changed and still having flapping power battery status at apps icon.... now i did tried to enabled Vehicle,animals and other motions in Smart notification den Disable previous “Person” then after 3 mins i did disable everything and returns enable “Persons” again in smart noti and now its more than an hr and battery flapping in the apps gone.... hope this may help fixed yours too...
youngek
Guide
Guide
i Tried to disable smart notifications and I needed to leave at least one active. I disabled person and let it sit for three minutes and reenabled it. Unfortunately that did not make a difference on my camera still flapping bad connection.
CIREMAN
Aspirant
Aspirant
After two hrs back to flapping again ....I dont know if it is a battery issues. My second cam work fine and no issues
youngek
Guide
Guide
Two of three cameras plugged in charged up fine. One camera flapping.
youngek
Guide
Guide
I take that back I now have two cameras flapping. I will say one thing is that all three cameras are plugged to the same receptacle.
CIREMAN
Aspirant
Aspirant
I give up.. i returned the unit and i got the new hardware ultra plus ... hopefully it works everything....
CIREMAN
Aspirant
Aspirant
I returned the unit and have the new one installed.... so far flapping wasnt an issues in the new hardware....
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation