Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
morganc5
Tutor
Tutor

I setup an Ultra for watching animals. This is in a secure location and cannot be moved/accessed.

I checked the camera to make sure everything was OK and pointing at the place where animals gather.

One hour later, I receive an alert to say that an animal had arrived, so I switched to live view.

To my surprise, the image shown was a zoomed upper left part of the image I had viewed earlier.

I tried several things like deactivating the camera and I checked all the settings, but I was unable to return to the correct/original image.

As a last resort I chose the option "Remove Device" and then added it again.

Suddenly everything was perfect again.

I want to emphaise that the camera was not physically touched and no settings were changed.

I've since had this problem twice with two cameras.

What is causing this?

5 REPLIES 5
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

This just happened to my setup as well. I thought someone had changed the angle of the cameras. I´ll try what you suggest to see if this fixes my problem as well.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice
Removing the cams, and adding them again solved this issue. But had to set up all my custom modes again. It’s enough now Arlo. What did you guys do this time?
morganc5
Tutor
Tutor

Were you also advised that there was a firmware upgrade available, which previously was not shown/known?

I've raised this point here.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

There was no indication of new firmware, I am on 1.070.50.6_231_6e7e184 on my Ultra cams.

MadMac74
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem with 1 of my 5 cameras. Cycled power once, no fix. Had to remove and add. Odd thing is I never have auto zoom on any of my cameras.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation