Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ItsPlayTime
Apprentice
Apprentice
Happy Easter!
Since the April 16th Android app update I'm not receiving any notifications via Arlo's Android app.
Motion recordings are triggered & recorded but no notifications are pushed/received on my phone.

Phone: Google Pixel 3 XL
Phone FW: Android 9, 4-5-19 security patch, Build: PQ2A.190405.003
Arlo App version: 2.7.8_25585

Arlo Ultra Hub(s) VMB5000r4
FW version: 1.12.1.7_32817

Arlo Ultra Camera(s) (H6) FW version:
1.060.33.7_32761
Arlo Pro Cameras (H8): FW Version:
1.092.0.19_26228

Notifications options are as they were with each camera having at least 1 option selected (people, animals, car, other motion) and notifications are on for the app within the Android system settings (settings, apps & notifications, Arlo, Notifications-On, Show Notifications-On, Always listening-on, geofencing-on, Notifications-On, Advanced, Show notification dot-on.

Via the Android notifications most recent menu Arlo's app last triggered/sent/pushed a notification 5 days ago which was the day of the last Arlo app update.

No issues with any other app notifications in this time period. Do Not Disturb is obviously turned off.

Is anybody else having this issue? Any ideas besides the app update broke notifications? I look forward to any help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ItsPlayTime,

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I to have found the notifications less consistant with the last app update but have gotten used to it changing for better or worse with each update.  Mostly androids themselves have issues with push notifications and the blame game goes round and round.  I almost didn't get my S10 because of it and thought about a switch to iphone but set in my ways.  Samsung claims not to have heard of any issues even though they have been pointed to  sites with thousands of complaints.  Many who have dug into it say the blame is google and have had sucess by blocking some google programs from running or at least updating.  It's about saving battery.  Some apps at the google store try to work around it by signaling your phone more often to keep it awake.  Some success but not as good as the iphone.  My wifes iphone is always instant and never misses one, two to ten min. later I get mine.

ItsPlayTime
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you for replying.

The problem is that I have gone from getting notifications as expected on the previous app version to literally 0 (zero) notifications since the app updated 5 days ago. I never had an issue with notifications before this update, even during the beta period.
I also have battery saver (Battery optimization) off for the Arlo app. Options wise, there is no reason for the absolute halt to notifications.

My hypothesis is that something changed in the app update that has stopped the notifications.

If I may, what version of the Arlo app are you running & have you received any notifications since updating if you're on the same version as me.

Thank you
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

my app is the latest.  Before this I got them pretty good, 1 to 2 min. after the wifes iphone, occasionally I had to pick my phone up or something and they would then come in.  With this latest update it's been random, sometimes it's working as good as hers and then I'll get a spell of none until I do something to activate the phone.  My biggest issue with the newest update is when I do get notifications, it's show 4 of them.  So if there are 3 notifications each is shown 4 times making 12. Never had that before.  Some like my son with the Note 9 refuse to upgrade the operating system because notifications are working fine while many online claim their troubles started with the latest operating update.  

BigAl2048
Initiate
Initiate

This is happening to all the Arlo systems, Im in Florida and my son is in Texas and he has the same problem. Its clear this is an Arlo problem. I was chatting with them and I did everything they asked me to and nothing. She told me its happening to many, some have been fixed but others still not working.  THIS IS A MAJOR SECURITY PROBLEM! Many  of us depend on these cameras and other Arlo systems for our safety.  Arlo needs to fix this asap!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ItsPlayTime,

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

JamesC

ItsPlayTime
Apprentice
Apprentice
I thought about doing that earlier but hadn't had time as I've been at work for 10 of the last 12 days. I was also trying to avoid it as I didn't want to reset everything to my liking.

Great news: 1) it worked & 2) it kept all of my settings as they were.

Thank you James!
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation