Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to temporarily stop Arlo Ultra streaming or saving to internet while still recording locally

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo Ultra with CVR sub and Elite for 4K video capture and local storage enabled. How do I temporarily stop the camera uploading to the internet while still recording on local storage to save internet bandwidth?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TMK, you can't... esp with CVR. ( CVR only goes to the cloud )

The only way that I know of to stop cloud record and only local is if the cameras are armed for motion ( having local backup on ) and then turning off internet...the cameras SHOULD continue to record local... OF course you have no control over the system at this point to control... so in effect you can't do it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - so I'm not going mad there is no option to configure local only capture.

I can block the basestation on my router which would prevent streaming but camera still seems to store videos on local storage - works as a temporary measure but would be good to have this as a feature in future.

There is a fault on my internet and bandwidth severely limited at the moment so I want to temporarily stop Arlo using bandwidth.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation