Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to tell when an ULTRA is dead

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Its been a while since I've stopped in.  Thanks to all the help you guys have given me, I have a decent grasp on the ARLO camera configurations.

I have 2 ARLO Ultras that have not been used for over 6 months.  (I've kept the batteries charged).

I finally got my Network up and 2 Ultras can not install.  Using the normal method, then the manual method, using the sync button.  I've tried this on several different base stations, all with the same results.

Is there any sure fire method to know when a camera is dead?   Or just the fact that I can not install it spells it out.

I've been busy, finishing up the last set of ARLOs.  We use the Ubiquiti NanoBeam WiFi extender so we can go from one building to another building to another building about 3/4 mile apart.  Still maintaining a 50mg throughput   We have a JOOWIN CFEW72 High Powered Antenna (Repeater) attempting to connect to a Frontier AIR Ties AIR 4920 Smart Mesh Router.  PROBLEMS.  I just bypassed the High powered antennas and now have an Internet.  Have to see how the cameras behave.  Because one of them would be about 500' from the base.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you seeing the blue LED flash when you insert the battery?

If not, does holding the sync button down for 15 seconds or so result in a couple of amber LED flashes?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation