Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
JM106
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just purchased the ultra. before I start setting it up id like to know what exactly to do with my Pro 2 system. I plan on keeping the 3 cameras I have from pro 2 and adding them to the 2 ultra cameras and smart hub. I also have a subscription to Arlo Smart, which I believes come free for a year with the ultra. so...... my guess would be to cancel my current subscription, remove cameras from Pro 2 Basestation, Then remove basestation. Then add Smart hub and cameras.... IS THIS CORRECT?
9 REPLIES 9
JM106
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much. I'm in process of setting up the ultra base and cameras, I haven't removed pro 2 cameras or bas station yet. From here out, would it be best to remove original subscription, remove each camera, remove base station? then add the 2 Pro 2 cameras to Smart base station?..... you love em huh? any tips or tricks you could make me ware of?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. You get the free 1 year subscription as long as you don't already have a subscription so reverting to only the free basic plan first is needed.

JM106
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for quick reply. Ok so I currently have both base stations connected with the pro cameras connected to pro 2 station and the ultra cameras connected to smart station. What do I need to do to
1- cancel my current paid subscription ( and how to do it)
2- remove pro 2 system and add to ultra? ( is it better to keep 2 stations or just the smart one is best?)
3 got an error message that my micro Sd in smart hub needs formatting.... does it not format for you? ( if not, how do I ?)
4 if I’m supposed to cancel paid subscription, how do I set up the year free?
THANK YOU.
brh
Master
Master

@JM106,

I am keeping both of my Pro bases simply for the built in sirens. Haven't decided yet whether or not to upgrade my subscription to Elite from Premier or to have two accounts with Grant Acess back and forth. I am not sure about seting up the free subscription, I've heard you need a new account for that - I haven't decided which way to go yet as I had recently upgraded my Premier subscription account), but you could set up a different account, add all the equipment to that account and go back to the basic plan on the original account. As far as formatting the SD card, there are apps that will format them to FAT 32, but I formatted mine using one of my Canon cameras. It worked for me.

JM106
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. To format it you can do it on the online website of Arlo. I really hope I don’t have to create another account just to get the free year
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new account is not needed to claim the included 1 year free plan. As long as you do not have an active subscription on your account at the time you add the SmartHub, the free 1 year plan will automatically be applied.

If you have a subscription already, log in to your Arlo account from a PC and navigate to Settings > Subscriptions > click cancel. Any unused portion of the plan will be refund. You can then add your SmartHub and the free 1 year plan will automatically apply.

JamesC

JM106
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh great, thank you very much, it’s hard to tell which I fo you receive is accurate or not. Can you please tell me how to go about removing my pro 2 base and cameras and adding the Pro 2 cameras to Smartbase? Also, do you have any advice or opinion if it’s best to go at it with the 2 different base stations or just the one is ok for all the cameras ?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Removing your existing base station is optional. You might have better results by placing the it in an area with poor signal strength and keeping your nearby pro cameras synced to it. This would allow you to maximize performance based on the camera locations.

If you would like to remove your existing base and sync those cameras to your SmartHub. All you need to do is log into your account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > Remove Device. After the base station is removed, you can then sync your pro cameras to the SmartHub.

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@JamesC wrote:

As long as you do not have an active subscription on your account at the time you add the SmartHub, the free 1 year plan will automatically be applied.

In theory! But mine may be a special case.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation