Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to record on local starage

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ShammalN
Follower
Follower

Hi. I got a 2 Arlo ultra connected to a Hub with a micro sd. I want to record on local not on cloud. My local storage is set up but nothing in recording in the local storage. Do I need to change some settings. I have trial subscription before and everything was recording to cloud fine. Is it even possible to have automatic recording on a local storage. Please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShammalN wrote:

Hi. I got a 2 Arlo ultra connected to a Hub with a micro sd. I want to record on local not on cloud. My local storage is set up but nothing in recording in the local storage. Do I need to change some settings. I have trial subscription before and everything was recording to cloud fine. Is it even possible to have automatic recording on a local storage. Please help 

There is a setting for direct access to local storage in the app (but not the web browser).  Make sure that is enabled.

You should then see the option to select local storage from the app - the normal library should say "cloud" at the top, if you press on that, then you'll see the option to select your base.

If you have that option, but aren't seeing recordings, then I suggest that you remove the SD card and connect it to a PC (getting a suitable adapter if you don't have a microSD slot in the PC).  Then see if the recordings are there.  That will let you know if this is an access problem or a storage problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Have you Googled it before asking for help? There are lots of guides available which explain everything in detail.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShammalN wrote:

There is a setting for direct access to local storage in the app (but not the web browser).  Make sure that is enabled.

You should then see the option to select local storage from the app - the normal library should say "cloud" at the top, if you press on that, then you'll see the option to select your base.

If you have that option, but aren't seeing recordings, then I suggest that you remove the SD card and connect it to a PC (getting a suitable adapter if you don't have a microSD slot in the PC).  Then see if the recordings are there.  That will let you know if this is an access problem or a storage problem.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation