Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I disconnect the base from the internet? Want to reconnect with my WiFi extender.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bclifton
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I disconnect the base from the internet? I want to reconnect it to my WiFi extender and can’t figure out how to do it. I thought it would be so easy. Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bclifton wrote:

How do I disconnect the base from the internet? I want to reconnect it to my WiFi extender and can’t figure out how to do it. I thought it would be so easy. Help?

1. Disconnect the base station's ethernet cable from the router
  2. Use that cable to connect the base station to the WiFi extender's ethernet out.

If the extender has no ethernet out, then you can't do it (you'll need to purchase a different extender).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bclifton wrote:

1. Disconnect the base station's ethernet cable from the router
  2. Use that cable to connect the base station to the WiFi extender's ethernet out.

If the extender has no ethernet out, then you can't do it (you'll need to purchase a different extender).

Bclifton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I should’ve known it wouldn’t be simple. And of course there’s no Ethernet out on my extender 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation