Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Dave1Law
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Ultra 2-camera system.   One camera is set up in my detached garage on the farthest end of my property and the other camera is set up at my front door at the opposite end of the property.   I have the Smarthub placed exactly in the center of both locations (about 100-150 feet from each camera) but I still get a very weak signal to each camera and the light on the Smarthub constantly flashes Amber.   I have already tried to relocate the Smarthub to see if I can get a stronger signal to both cameras but have had no luck.  I also have an Orbi Wifi system with 3 satelites and have tried to connect the Smarthub to different satelite locations, but still cannot get anything more than the weakest signal to "both" cameras.  I never had this problem with my Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras when I had them installed in the same locations and connected to the previous Arlo Pro Base station (also place in the same location as the Smarthub).   It seems that my only realistic option is to get an additional Smarthub and put each camera on a separate base.  Is there any way to buy just the Smarthub?   

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TMK, not at this time ( base alone ) but it will be in future

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Micbadera
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you use arlo pro hub as an extender? Does it mater if the ultra is plugged into mesh satellite instead of the main router?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Micbadera,

Arlo Ultra cameras need to be synced to an Arlo SmartHub. A Pro base station (vmb4000 or vmb4500) cannot be used to extend signal strength.

As long as the SmartHub is connected via ethernet to the satellite, this should work.

JamesC

acousticmood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any way too extend the wireless coverage? I too have issues with weak signals at the farthest cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@acousticmood wrote:

Is there any way too extend the wireless coverage? I too have issues with weak signals at the farthest cameras.

About all you can do is position another (compatible) base station that is closer to the cameras.  You will need to get ethernet to that base station.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation