Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I obtain the proper replacement rubber weather seal/gasket/o-ring for the Ultra cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ridgwayk
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been asked before but there's apparently no good answer.  Looking for advice to find the technical specs for the gasket / o-ring that provides the weather seal between the housing and the camera.

Arlo support didn't seem to have a part number for the "rubber band looking gasket" that provides the seal.  

The camera is out of warranty, and I just need to find the specs to purchase the replacement gasket.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wouldn't think you really need specs to possibly find a replacement. WHat's wrong with the original? If you still have it, you should be able to get a decent measurement of diameter and thickness. You may well have to look hard to find a similar o-ring since the local hardware store usually only has a limited selection.

If it's cut, try placing the cut at the bottom of the camera and maybe hold it in place with some weatherproof grease (just a dab on the whole thing). You could also use tape to temporarily seal the crack while hunting for a replacement.

ridgwayk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately a family member took the camera down to recharge it and the gasket was accidentally lost.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rough measurement:

2" x .052"

or

50mm x 1mm

ridgwayk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  Time to go on a scavenger hunt at the local hardware or plumbing shop I think.

ridgwayk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Talking to Arlo support, they have confirmed that there is no SKU/replacement part that is available.  I've asked Arlo to please consider making the gaskets available as rubber deteriorates with age, heat, humidity, etc.

The solution offered was to replace the entire camera assembly.  That's not an acceptable solution when the camera works fine and the only thing needed is a rubber gasket that probably costs less than a penny to manufacture.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

A very fair point 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation